Friday, May 9, 2014

latest post on fb

Hello everyone. I haven't been active on my Facebook page for almost six months now because of my busy schedule. This whole school thing takes a lot of my time and energy (yes of course because I am quite a slow student :) Anyway, I just posted a picture of my cupcakes that I baked this week and here they are...
These are dark chocolate cupcakes with raspberry filling. The far right is not really appealing :( the butter cream was runny when I piped these cuties. These cupcakes are so light, moist and not too sweet. It matches perfectly with the tartness of the raspberry coulis. You will find the recipe below


Chocolate Cupcakes 


For Cupcakes:
1/2       cup brewed, cooled coffee
1/3       cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
1          teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2       cup vegetable oil
1          cup sugar
2          large eggs
1  1/2   cups (210 grams) flour
1          teaspoon baking soda
1          teaspoon baking powder
1/4       teaspoon salt
1/2       cup buttermilk

For Cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.

Combine coffee, cocoa powder, espresso powder, vanilla, coconut oil, sugar and eggs in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to coffee mixture; stir well. Add buttermilk to mixture and stir until well-combined.

Divide batter evenly among cupcake liners. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until pick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.

here  is the inspiration of the recipe above, and I also made a couple of alterations.

oh yes, for the filling. I used Martha Stewart's simple recipe -> 



2 comments:

  1. I never tried using raspberry filling but with chocolate, it sure does sound like it would be good. Your decorations are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hank you so much Bernadyn. Decorating cake is my passion, if you're interested you can visit my fb page Yvonne's Custom Cakes :)

      Delete